When you’re preparing for a kitchen remodel, you have to think about what kind of countertops you want. There are many options out there, including marble. Here are the pros and cons of marble countertops.
- Add a unique elegance: Marble countertops are made of natural stone, meaning that not one slab is like the other. That way, you can enjoy the elegance of natural stone as well as a unique beauty from the variety of styles and designs that come with marble.
- Heat resistant: Marble countertops are also heat resistant, making them a great choice for bakers. If you forgot a hot pad for your pan of cookies, you can lay it directly on the countertop without causing any damage.
- Affordable: Marble countertops are among the most affordable of all the stone countertops. That way you can enjoy the classiness of your new countertops without hurting your wallet.
- Higher maintenance: Unfortunately, marble countertops require more maintenance than other stone countertops. This is because they require regular resealing to keep them durable and in top condition.
- A porous material: Marble is also a porous material. This means that your marble countertops are more susceptible to stains and scratches. Fortunately, such staining and scratching can be prevented with a protective seal.
As you can see, the pros tend to outweigh the cons for marble countertops, especially if you’re willing to put in the effort to care for them properly. You can give us a call if you’d like to learn more or start an installation.