Here at The Gallery of Stone, we find many homeowners debating on different types of countertops. One of our favorite countertops is a quartz countertop. Listed below are some of the key points of quartz countertops to help you make that tough decision of which stone is best for your home.
First, what is quartz? Quartz is not 100% natural. It is made up of 95% natural quartz that has been ground up and 5% resin.
- Hardiness – Quartz is a hard stone, but heating pads should always be used.
- Upkeep – Quartz countertops should be washed daily with water and a mild soap. Quartz countertops are very low maintenance and do not need to be resealed like some other countertop options.
- Appearance – Quartz countertops come in many different colors and designs. Quartz is manmade and therefore it is a little easier to find those unique colors and designs.
- Cost – Quartz countertops can be found in a wide range of prices. Here at The Gallery of Stone, we pride ourselves on having a wide selection of options for you to pick from.
- Environmentally Friendly – Quartz is engineered and can be more environmentally friendly.
You really cannot go wrong with quartz countertops. We know that you will love them. Stop by our showroom in Clermont, Florida to see the beauty that they can add to your kitchen or bathroom.